Mexico refused to accept the US military aircraft with illegal migrants on board, which were deported from the US. The incident happened on January 23, when two C-17 military transport planes heading to Guatemala with approximately 80 illegals on each, successfully made their flights. However, the planned third flight to Mexico has not taken place.
The White House Representative stated that the situation with the rejection was the result of the administrative problem that had already been solved. In turn, the White House Preskretar Caroline Levitt said that on January 24, Mexico adopted a record four deportation flights, confirming cooperation between the two countries.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico did not clarify the reason why the plane land was not allowed. At the same time, the official statement of the agency said that Mexico has good relations with the US government and cooperates on migration, in particular repatriation, especially when it comes to the return of Mexicans.
Mexico emphasized its willingness to meet the citizens of the country with "revealed arms" when it comes to the return of their citizens. At the same time, Guatemala also adopted three flights with deported illegals, a total of about 265 people.